Purple Band / Level 8
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-298-2 RRP £5.99|
A Right Royal Mess
Queen Fluff takes a trip to see the other bunnies in the kingdom. She expects ten course meals and beautiful burrows, but will they meet her lavish demands or will she get a slice of humble pie instead?
Purple Band Structure
- 800-1000 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- By now, children are reading more automatically, so that they don’t have to sound out and blend every word. Texts continue to provide opportunities to read words with more complex phonics, and include words with a range of suffixes and prefixes.
- Stories continue to increase in length but are still mostly straightforward to follow. Texts can still be enjoyed on a literal level but there is increasing scope for simple subtexts and themes that readers may pick up as an ‘extra’ if they are able to.
- There are continued opportunities for prediction at various points in the text, and for discussion of characters and motivation.
- Plots are still mostly straightforward and linear.