Gold Band / Level 10
|Illustrator||Aditi Kakade Beaufrand|
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-721-5 RRP £5.99|
The Space Swap Shop
There is so much junk floating in space, that some of it breaks Zork’s jet. But maybe Zork can make use of the junk?
Gold Band Structure
- No specific phonic structure to these books, as children should be able to work out most reasonably common words without difficulty.
- Vocabulary choices are appropriate to this young readership and not too complex or demanding.
- Plots and characters are still mostly clear and straightforward to follow. There are still plenty of opportunities for prediction, discussion and thinking about the story.
- A wider range of sentence structures can be used – still mostly simple and speech-like, but with some that are longer/multi-clause.
- Plots are still straightforward and linear, but they may be developed over more pages or require a bit more thought to understand.
- Story is split into simple chapters,