Yellow Band / Level 3
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-362-0 RRP £5.99|
The Pop Puffin
Puffin wants to be a pop singer, but he needs to find a band. Other birds join in with Puffin’s singing, will it be a good show?
Yellow Band Structure
- 110-140 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- Words with the following long vowel graphemes: ai ee igh oa oo ar or ur ow oi ear air ure er: ai as in rain, ee as in feet, igh as in night, oa as in boat, oo as in food or book, ar as in cart, or as in fork, ur as in fur, ow as in now, oi as in boil, ear as in fear, air as in hair, ure as in pure, er as in ladder.
- Words of up to three syllables are used as needed for the story, as long as they are decodable and familiar.
- Up to two short sentences per page, using natural and predictable language and reported speech.
- Stories are still mostly familiar and straightforward, but some may be more surprising and unusual.