Purple Band / Level 8
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-432-0 RRP £5.99|
Max the Sheepdog
Max really wants to impress his mum by being a good sheepdog, but it’s a lot tougher than it looks! The animals run away from him in all directions. Maybe he can find something else he’ll be good at?
Purple Band Structure
- 800-1000 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- By now, children are reading more automatically, so that they don’t have to sound out and blend every word. Texts continue to provide opportunities to read words with more complex phonics, and include words with a range of suffixes and prefixes.
- Stories continue to increase in length but are still mostly straightforward to follow. Texts can still be enjoyed on a literal level but there is increasing scope for simple subtexts and themes that readers may pick up as an ‘extra’ if they are able to.
- There are continued opportunities for prediction at various points in the text, and for discussion of characters and motivation.
- Plots are still mostly straightforward and linear.