Turquoise Band / Level 7
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-194-7 RRP £5.99|
Grumpy King Colin
King Colin is naughty, lazy, silly and grumpy but he is king so he does what he likes! He soon discovers, however, that even a king can’t get away with everything…
Turquoise Band Structure
- 600-800 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- There are no specific phonic requirements by this stage; most children will have finished formally learning phonics and they will be automatically applying phonic knowledge as they read.
- As stories become longer, children may need to use their prediction skills more, including prediction throughout a text and not just at the start.
- Longer stories give opportunities to develop a plot across a greater number of pages, however the language continues to avoid being too complex or sophisticated.
- Plots are still mostly simple and linear, without subplots, but there can be a bit more variation in dialogue and a greater range of sentence structures and lengths than at previous levels.