Red Band / Level 2
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-627-0 RRP £5.99|
Get that Broom! and Fizz! Wizz!
Get That Broom!
Nell’s broom zooms off. Who can get it?
They are making wishes with Nell’s wand, what will happen?
Red Band Structure
- 60-90 words, two stories per book with information pages for each.
- 7 new single letter phonemes: j v w x y z; and 6 new consonant digraphs: ng sh ch qu th zz. Familiar and decodable two-syllable words (like sit/ting, rock/et) may be included. Occasionally decodable three-syllable words may be used.
- Up to two short sentences per page, using natural and predictable language with speech-like patterns.
- Reported speech (with speech marks and ‘said X’) can now be used.
- Stories are still fun, humorous and familiar.