Red Band / Level 2
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-348-4 RRP £5.99|
Catch It, Jess! and Cat Nap
Catch It, Jess!
Run, Jess! Can she catch it?
Jess wants to nap. But the animals are too noisy!
Red Band Structure
- 60-90 words, two stories per book with information pages for each.
- 7 new single letter phonemes: j v w x y z; and 6 new consonant digraphs: ng sh ch qu th zz. Familiar and decodable two-syllable words (like sit/ting, rock/et) may be included. Occasionally decodable three-syllable words may be used.
- Up to two short sentences per page, using natural and predictable language with speech-like patterns.
- Reported speech (with speech marks and ‘said X’) can now be used.
- Stories are still fun, humorous and familiar.