Orange Band / Level 6
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-197-8 RRP £5.99|
A Gold Star for George
The Heavenly Hippos Wildlife Park is awarding gold stars to the animals and George the Giraffe has the perfect spot on his fence for one. But will George win a gold star?
Orange Band Structure
- 300-450 words, one story per book with a quiz.
- All the phonic requirements for Green and below.
- Although most words are now decodable, we still take care that the vocabulary used is familiar to children. Children should already have met the vast majority of words in the books, although slightly less familiar variants may be used. So for example, the word ‘enormous’ might be used instead of ‘big’ – but probably not ‘gargantuan’!
- Story plots may be worked out in more detail over a greater number of pages than before.
- Stories may have an identifiable theme (e.g. ‘stopping bullying’, ‘being brave’, ‘friendship’, etc.).
- Children may need to use prediction skills and inference more often, e.g. to follow the plot, appreciate suspense or work out what will happen next.