Gold Band / Level 9
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-433-7 RRP £5.99|
The Chicken Knitters
Lilly loves to knit. When she discovers Farmer Claw’s poor chickens all cooped up and cold, she realises she has some work on her hands. Can Lilly free the chickens and stop Farmer Claw with her knitting skills?
Gold Band Structure
- No specific phonic structure to these books, as children should be able to work out most reasonably common words without difficulty.
- Vocabulary choices are appropriate to this young readership and not too complex or demanding.
- Plots and characters are still mostly clear and straightforward to follow. There are still plenty of opportunities for prediction, discussion and thinking about the story.
- A wider range of sentence structures can be used – still mostly simple and speech-like, but with some that are longer/multi-clause.
- Plots are still straightforward and linear, but they may be developed over more pages or require a bit more thought to understand.
- Story is split into simple chapters,