Red Band / Level 2
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-289-0 RRP £5.99|
Seeds and Stuck in the Tree
Tim and Pip plant some seeds. How big will they grow?
Stuck in the Tree
Kit is stuck in the tree. Who will get him down?
Red Band Structure
- 60-90 words, two stories per book with information pages for each.
- 7 new single letter phonemes: j v w x y z; and 6 new consonant digraphs: ng sh ch qu th zz. Familiar and decodable two-syllable words (like sit/ting, rock/et) may be included. Occasionally decodable three-syllable words may be used.
- Up to two short sentences per page, using natural and predictable language with speech-like patterns.
- Reported speech (with speech marks and ‘said X’) can now be used.
- Stories are still fun, humorous and familiar.