White Band / Level 10
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-395-8 RRP £5.99|
When a strange noise wakes Ant in the night, he hopes to catch a glimpse of the mysterious Ninja, a local crime-fighting hero. What he doesn’t expect to see his Nanny climbing out the window… dressed as the Ninja!
White Band Structure
- No specific phonic structure to these books, as children should be able to work out most reasonably common words without difficulty.
- Vocab choices are appropriate to this young readership and not too complex or demanding
- More scope for complex inference creeping in – e.g. sometimes the reader may need to read between the lines, or may know something the characters do not, or the author may set up unusual twist or surprise ending.
- Stories are slightly longer and more complex than before and bring in knowledge from outside the story in order to understand it.
- As above, though stories are becoming more varied in plot as well as sentence structure, sometimes including some more literary or stylised language where appropriate.