White Band / Level 10
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-399-6 RRP £5.99|
Spacey Stacey has lots of jelly to deliver but not enough time in the day. Her friend Timble builds Stacey a speedy jetpack to help get the job done… but what will happen when Stacey presses the big button?
White Band Structure
- No specific phonic structure to these books, as children should be able to work out most reasonably common words without difficulty.
- Vocab choices are appropriate to this young readership and not too complex or demanding
- More scope for complex inference creeping in – e.g. sometimes the reader may need to read between the lines, or may know something the characters do not, or the author may set up unusual twist or surprise ending.
- Stories are slightly longer and more complex than before and bring in knowledge from outside the story in order to understand it.
- As above, though stories are becoming more varied in plot as well as sentence structure, sometimes including some more literary or stylised language where appropriate.