Gold Band / Level 10
|Format||15x21cm, 32pg, SB|
|ISBN 978-1-84886-716-1 RRP £5.99|
Danni got a fluffy orange onesie as a birthday present. She uses it to play a trick on her friend Sameer, but rumours of Big Foot start to spread!
Gold Band Structure
- No specific phonic structure to these books, as children should be able to work out most reasonably common words without difficulty.
- Vocabulary choices are appropriate to this young readership and not too complex or demanding.
- Plots and characters are still mostly clear and straightforward to follow. There are still plenty of opportunities for prediction, discussion and thinking about the story.
- A wider range of sentence structures can be used – still mostly simple and speech-like, but with some that are longer/multi-clause.
- Plots are still straightforward and linear, but they may be developed over more pages or require a bit more thought to understand.
- Story is split into simple chapters,